Restaurant Manager Job - Midlands
Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Salary: £25,000 - Coventry Area - Superb Venue - Immediate Start!
Share This Job
Restaurant Manager Job Description
£25,000 plus - Superb Venue - Coventry Area - Immediate Start!!
Catering Services International are looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to work with one of our exclusive clients. The client’s venue is a very busy operation and requires a Restaurant Manager to develop and control the running of both the restaurant and bar. The position is available straight away for the right person and this will be initially a temp to perm position.
Restaurant and Bar Manager
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• The business performance of the Restaurant; effectively planning and managing sales and profitability; recommending and organising promotional initiatives, events, discount schemes etc.; preparing management reports on staff, food & drink and sales; setting budgets; planning and co-ordinating menus in conjunction with Chef to meet GP targets
• Co-ordinating the entire operation of the restaurant
• The efficient customer focused front of house operation, promoting customer satisfaction and dealing appropriately with any customer issues/complaints
• Meeting and greeting customers and organising table reservations
• Recruiting, training, managing and motivating staff, leading by example
• Organising and supervising staff rotas and ensuring completion of holiday sheets
• Ensuring the punctuality and time keeping of your team to meet rota requirements
• ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform & appearance standards
• Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health and safety
• complying with all relevant legislation including health and safety; food hygiene & safety, fire safety regulations and licensing legislation
• Maintaining cleanliness and efficiency of all bars
• promoting a safe, healthy and environmentally secure environment.
• Checking stock levels and ordering supplies
• Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required
• Maintaining all tills with the required updates
• helping out in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate
• The ability to work and communicate effectively with the general public, other members of the team and with all levels of management
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Team player
• Ability to lead and motivate a team
• Good IT skills
• Ability to carry out risk assessments
• Awareness of statutory requirements applicable to food and drink service
• Proven experience in established bar, restaurant, conference or banqueting business
• People management/team leader experience with the ability to motivate and inspire performance
• Experience of being both a team leader and team member with proven ‘people skills’
• Good general level of education
• Training in: Basic Food Hygiene; Appointed Person’s First Aid; NVQ III or equivalent;
Health & Safety; Supervisory Training; Customer Care
Job Type: Full-time
Must be able to drive
Work weekends & Bank Holidays
Must be able to work Christmas Day
If interested in this role, then please apply online and attach an updated CV for the attention of Suzanne Smith at CSI Coventry. If you require further information, please call 02476 224777.
Apply for this Restaurant Manager Vacancy (Midlands)
Enter your details below to apply for this job. We will also match you to any other existing vacancies we hold in our database.