Sous Chef - Cheddar
£26,000 - Fresh Gastro Pub - Somerset
Sous Chef – Fresh Gastro Pub & Restaurant – Somerset
Up to £26,000 per annum
Performance related bonus (discussed on application)
Plus circa £3,000 tips per annum
Great opportunity for progression through the company!!!!
Excellent company benefits package
Our client operates a unique Gastro Pub with 18th and 19th Century architecture still intact in this stunning part of Somerset. This gorgeous Gastro pub has been fully restored with all modern conveniences and offers delicious locally sourced food cooked and served to an exceptional standard. The pub itself has a warm, welcoming and friendly feel through-out and has attracted plenty of national recognition!
Part of a small developing collection, there is a great opportunity for future development, training and progression.
We are currently recruiting for a Sous Chef to take this key role with in this hard working, award-winning brigade. The role of Sous Chef will involve being the right hand to the Head Chef and assisting in the running the department, along with staff development. The role of Sous Chef will also include consistently producing food to a high standard along with overseeing the kitchen operations in the absence of the Head Chef. This role will suit a strong Junior Sous Chef looking for their first Sous Chef role or an existing Sous Chef looking for a fresh challenge in this beautiful location.
Sous Chef applicants are desired to be coming from a restaurant led / Gastro Pub environment.
Due to the training offered by our client, there is every room for future development and progression for candidates able to commit to this opportunity.
Due to the location and the nature of the role, candidates are required to have their own transport.
What We Are Looking For:
- Able to demonstrate a professional knowledge of fresh food dining kitchens.
- Previous experience in restaurant and banqueting kitchens would be a huge advantage.
- Ability to control and organise a medium sized brigade and lead the team in the absence of the Head Chef.
- Excellent organisation, and communication skills.
- A passion for food and its presentation, service, and quality.
- Career minded individuals wishing to excel.
- Individuals who are hungry for success in a beautiful setting.