Sous Chef - Vale of Glamorgan
£24,000 - Beautiful Refurbished Hotel - Vale of Glamorgan
Vale of Glamorgan
Circa £24k per annum
Beautifully restored full service hotel and restaurant
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a beautiful and quirky setting. We are seeking a Sous Chef for this Hotel and restaurant. As Sous chef you will work alongside the Head Chef to lead the brigade, overseeing all sections and creating fantastic dishes using locally sourced, fresh produce. You will need to be experienced in British cuisine, ideally to an AA rosette level and be able to shine under pressure. The business is a full service operation, open from breakfast through until dinner, with a lot of afternoon teas in between! Being able to make soups, sauces, stocks and various dishes from fresh ingredients to the highest standards is essential for this position!
We are a busy operation and this role is perfect for a strong chef de partie / junior sous to step up and take your first sous role! You will be working under a very talented head chef to push the business forward and ensure every guest leaves satisfied!
As Sous chef you will also be responsible for the ordering, cleaning and stock control in the Head Chefs absence.
What We Are Looking For
Successful Sous Chef candidates will preferably possess / be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience within a strong fresh food background, preferably to 1 rosette level, banqueting experience is also desirable.
- Ability to maintain the highest standards at all times and a keen eye for detail.
- Creative thinking - top Sous chefs are visionaries who rely on innovative thinking to develop and implement strategies and menu ideas.
- Organised and hands-on to ensure optimal service to customers and staff.
- Great team leader and motivator with the passion for creativity.
- Clean, methodical and Organised
- Excellent working references / recommendations from previous employers.
What Next ?
If you would like to know more or you would like to apply for this opportunity pick up the phone and call 02920 394777 or simply e-mail your CV
We can offer permanent and temporary work to our candidates and we are always looking for good candidates for a variety of roles including Chefs, Management in all disciplines, Housekeepers, Hotel Receptionists and Waiting Staff.
Please visit our website for all current vacancies
Catering Services International acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.